Today’s Focus: Online Teaching
Today’s focus is on the practical reality of teaching music online, we’ll look at the experience and impacts of teaching and learning online, and also explore the world of online music exams. Add new skills to your online teaching toolkit and relax in the evening with a singing for health session.
10.00 – 11.30am
Online Music Exams – What You Need To Know!
Hear from Music Examination Boards and experienced music teachers, including:
- Updates from Trinity, ABRSM and MTB on their current digital offer, what you and your pupils need to know and FAQs.
- Discussion on the future of online music exams.
- Expert advice and reflection from two experienced music teachers, Judy Proctor and Georgia Lewis, about how best to prepare your pupils for online exams.
- Ask questions and share your experiences.
12.30 – 2.00pm
Online Music Education Over Lockdown – What Have We Learned?
Discover how two Hubs responded to the challenges presented by the pandemic and how their learning will inform their future work:
- Wiltshire Music Connect will discuss their in-depth action research with young people, families, music leaders and teachers regarding their experiences of learning music over lockdown. They will share their findings and how they have shaped future CPD, programmes of work and support.
- Hertfordshire Music Education Hub will talk through their one-to-one song writing workshops for young people with social challenges, discussing how online working offers ways to support inclusion in music education.
- Q & A and discussion about how Hubs can take forward new practice and learning gained.
2.15 – 3.45pm
Body Percussion – Live Workshop
Beat Goes On will lead an interactive stomp-style body percussion workshop exploring creativity and wellbeing for young people. Pick up new skills and have fun!
4.00 – 5.00pm
Live Digital Collaboration in online learning environments – Live Workshop
An interactive, practical session for teachers, led by musician and artist Martin Daws, which will explore live digital collaboration in online learning environments, looking at participatory lyricism and digital composition using BandLab.
6.00 – 7.00pm
Singing and Health – Live Workshop
Join one of the leading voices in Singing for Health, Emily Foulkes, for a special, Connect: Resound commissioned, singing for health session designed for music education professionals. Experience the benefits of singing for yourself in this group session and learn more about the direct health benefits of singing.